I travel & speak at many conferences each year. Here is my list of TOP 10 conferences you shall attend in 2020:
- #1: Business Agility 2020 Conference (New York, USA) March 11-12 2020. Agile is not about frameworks, practices, and tools, but the mindset. This conference brings stories from executives, practitioners, and thought leaders. It has a very innovative format – three short industry experts’ talks are followed by a facilitated conversation around tables. This conference is very unique, don’t miss it.
- #2: Agile Prague Conference (Prague, Czech Republic) – September 14-15, 2020. This year it’s the 10th anniversary of this popular conference. An awesome program, a collaborative atmosphere of open space format, good value for money. Postponed to 2021.
- #3: Agile 2020 (Orlando, FL, USA) July 20-24, 2020. Top Agile conference for the size and speaker selection. It’s always worth the visit as you can meef there every agilist 🙂 Canceled.
- #4: ACE! (Krakow, Poland) – May 20-22, 2020. Innovative form & great atmosphere. Focusing not only on building software better but also building better products including UX design. Rescheduled to September 16-18, 2020.
- #5: Agile Austria (Graz, Austria) April 29-30, 2020 – a great place to meet Agile enthusiasts. Have fun with games and workshops. Postponed to 2021.
- #6: Global Scrum Gathering NYC (New York, NY, USA) May 11-13, 2020 Scrum Gatherings are great places to talk to Scrum practitioners, join coaches clinic, get hands-on experience on your agile journey. The Gathering is not just about Scrum, it’s about sustainable agility. Canceled.
- #7: Agile Iowa (Cedar Rapids, IA, USA) April 30, 2020 – Great local conference organized by the community, join the first year of this conference and be there from the beginning.
- #8: Agile Testing Days (Potsdam, Germany) November 8-13, 2020. Interesting keynote speakers, deep insights in testing. And it’s always fun to be there.
- #9: Agile Tour Vilnius (Vilnius, Lithuania) October, 2020 – enjoy the day full of fun. Great community, enthusiastic audience.
- #10 Beyond Agile Israel 2020 – January 26, 2020, Tel Aviv, Israel. – Enjoy warm weather in the middle of winter. Great program in just one day.
The selection is based on my personal preference and experiences from those events.
Recommended virtual conferences this year:
- Agile100 – May 29, June 26, and July 31, …2020, 12pm – 10pm (CET – Central European Time) / 6am – 4pm (ET – Eastern Time) … more days are coming
- LeSS Day Europe 2020 – June 15 – 17, 2020 3pm – 7pm (CET – Central European Time) / 10am – 14pm (US Eastern Time)
- Emerging from crisis – June 17 – 19, 2020
- Option 1: 11am – 1:30pm (US Eastern Time) / 5pm – 7:30pm (CET – Central European Time)
- Option 1: 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm (US Eastern Time) / 8am – 10:30am (Sydney time)
Other conferences to consider this year:
(Please share your suggestions with us and we add them to the following list.)
- The Open Leadership Symposium – February 4-6, 2020, Tampa, FL, USA.
- ScanAgile – Scandinavian Agile Conference – April 1-2, 2020, Helsinki, Finland.
- Business Agility Vienna 2020 – May 18-19, 2019, Vienna, Austria.
- Mile High Agile 2020 – May 18-19, 2020, Denver, Co, USA.
- Agile on the Beach – July 9-10, 2019, Falmouth, Cornwall, UK.
- LeSS Conference 2020 – September 24-25, 2020, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- eXperience Agile – September 26-30, 2020, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Global Scrum Gathering Lisbon 2020– October 28-30, 2019, Lisbon, Portugal. Talk to Scrum practitioners, join coaches clinic, get hands-on experience.
- XP Days Benelux – November 26-27, 2020, Luxembourg.
Learn more about transforming organizations, leadership, and culture with Agile & Enterprise Coaching. Check our Scrum and Agile training sessions on Sochova.com. Grab a copy of The Great ScrumMaster: #ScrumMasterWay book and The Agile Leader: Leveraging the Power of Influence book.
Disclaimer: All I write on this blog is purely personal and has no relation with any position I have, used to have or will have in the future.